Lawrence Media Group has created this position to help students interested in website design and development increase their skills and gain real-world experience with professional clientele. It also allows an insider view into the business of website creation, management, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services.
All efforts are focused on providing exceptional service and return on investment to our clients.
Lawrence Media Group, located in Snellville, GA, is looking for two special individuals with great work ethic who are ready to join a fast-paced team as an intern. The ideal prospect would have experience creating, editing, and updating WordPress websites. Knowledge or appreciation of web/ graphic design is expected as well.
Intern responsibilities include:
- Updating WordPress websites/ pages with new content
- Adding blogs/ articles to client sites
- Create strong internal and external linking within blogs for SEO purposes
- Write strong SEO meta descriptions and titles for all blogs posted
- Assist with updating older client sites to include more modern look and functionality
- Working with manager to complete website tasks and updates in a timely manner
- Testing all website work on multiple browsers and devices to ensure responsiveness
- Make website or style edits suggested by manager
- Be open to stylistic and content suggestions and changes; have a team-player attitude
- Social media engagement (liking, commenting, following, inviting, etc.)
- Social media monthly planning (creating captions and branded graphics)
- Sending monthly social media plan to manager for approval
- Making edits suggested by manager
- Utilize Google Analytics to optimize website pages and customer experience on website
You must have knowledge of:
- Elementor Pro (page building plugin- experience preferred, but not required if you have experience with other page building plugins)
- SEO best practices
- Resizing of images for optimizing page load speed
- Canva/ Affinity/ Photoshop (preferred)
Please note this position is unpaid, however, since we work in Snellville
, you will be reimbursed for gas and provided snacks and beverages for days in the office. Fully remote work is a possibility and will be considered on a case by case basis.
We will hold a phone interview with qualified applicants who we believe would fit well with our company. Upon acceptance of the internship, Lawrence Media management will hold weekly Zoom meetings (based on intern’s schedule) to review weekly goals and expectations.
Future part-time to full-time employment is a possibility following a successful internship.